Happy Independence day!
Today’s recipe comes from Eatingwell.com and is the perfect quick and healthy addition to any Fourth of July party. To make it even more low fat, I’ve made a few changes but you don’t have to follow them if you don’t want to. This dish only takes 15 minutes to prepare so it’s perfect for the person on the go.
Makes: 15 mini pies
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (if you want to cut calories here, use low fat whipping cream.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (you can also substitute for 2 drops of Stevia or Ez Sweet extract)
- 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (my favorite yogurt is Chobani)
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9-ounce package)
- 15 fresh blueberries
- 15 fresh raspberries
- Beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar; beat until stiff.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Divide the yogurt cream among phyllo cups, keeping the cups in their plastic tray.
- Top each with 1 blueberry and 1 raspberry.
- Serve immediately, or chill for up to 4 hours.
Remember to clean your fruit properly to get pesticides off. Create a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water and let it soak for a few minutes. Then wash it off with cool water and serve.
For more healthy recipes and tips, click here to visit the EatingWell website. The picture is courtesy of EatingWell.com